Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thursday we have our next meeting with Eli's school. They are doing evaluations with him to see where he is with his development. The therapist he has now has been amazing and has loaded us down with so much reading on the rights of someone who needs special education. I have a whole new level of respect for parents that go through this...( I guess that is me now)it is a full time job figuring out what is best for your child and how to protect them, make sure they are getting the best education, training, therapy. Learning all the ins and outs of ADAP, IEE, IEP,IDEA, ESY, AAA, LEA, (learning what all those mean and if and how they apply to Eli) federal law, state law, school policies. All the while just looking at my beautiful little boy and really at my core hoping he gets a teacher that will love him and protect him and that he will respond to that and soak up everything she has to teach him. 
On the 20th he tuns 3, I can't believe he is already that big and I am excited to see where he will be in 3 more years as he is getting ready to start "regular" school...I can not bathe that little man in enough prayers and Tony and I are ALWAYS thankful for your prayers for him also

No comments:

Post a Comment